Sunday, August 5, 2012

#641: Snortin Good Salad


This truly has to be the dumbest name for a recipe yet (I did not come up with this one!).  Personally, I think even "layered salad" would be a more fitting name.  (It was layered when I made it...this is a picture of the salad tossed).  I've made this recipe twice now and loved it both times and it has gone over well to both events I brough it too.  Personally I think both times there was too much "dressing" (mayo and sugar) but no one else seems to agree. 

1 head iceberg lettuce, torn (I used romaine hearts)
1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings (I diced mine)
1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon (I used 1 lb turkey bacon)
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sugar

In a large glass salad bowl, layer the lettuce, cauliflower, onion, peas and bacon. Combine the mayonnaise and sugar; spoon over salad. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Toss just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment