Sunday, August 26, 2012

#655: Strawberry Kale Smoothie


Sorry, I didn't have time to take a photo of this one.  So this is not the actual recipe picture.  Photo courtesy of http://www.healthline.com

So I intended to make a different kale smoothie recipe but when I went to make it I could NOT find it on my pinterest boards.  (Does that mean I have too many?!)  Anyhow I googled the smoothie and decided to make this one, with a minor change (I added yogurt).

The kale has quite a veggie scent to it so I thought the girls would both turn their noses up at this.  I put it in big plastic cups and gave them a straw to hopefully help them not to notice the kale in it (how could they not, it was green).  Chloe asked if it was a super hero smoothie, I just smiled and said, "Sure." 

They both gobbled this up.  In fact, I had to tell them to stop drinking their smoothie and eat their dinner.  I am making this again tomorrow for them to eat with their dinner.  I'm going to try using this with different fruits too.  Anything to get spinach or kale into their diets!


1/2 cup frozen blueberries (I omitted)1/2 cup frozen strawberries (I used 1 c)
1 tablespoon ground flax seed (I used chia seeds)
2 cups torn raw kale
1 cup cold water (I used 1/2 c)
1/2 c plain yogurt


Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for about 3 minutes,  or until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment