Saturday, August 25, 2012

#650: Tasty Italian Chicken

My mom took this picture...most of the chicken plain but I see she captured one little piece served with the sauce on it.  :)

This is a newer blog that I've come across and I really am liking some of the recipes I've seen!  (Not a fan of her recipe layout but the recipes itself are good!)

I decided to try
this chicken recipe one day when my mom was visiting.  Fortunately for me, I was at Preschool screenings all evening so my mom made it for us and I just had to re-heat it when I got home.  (It's nice to have someone else make dinner for me every once in a while). 

This was so good, I didn't realize I was eating (all of) Brian's lunch the next day.  It was SO good and it smelled fabulously.  I am a picky chicken eater and I ate this cold right out of the fridge.  Fantastic chicken meal!


1/2 cup chopped onion
1-1/8 tsp paprika, divided
3 tsp olive oil, divided
1-1/4 cups water
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins

In a small saucepan, saute onion and 1/8 tsp paprika in 1 tsp olive oil until tender. Stir in water, tomato paste, bay leaf, bouillon and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, oregano and remaining paprika. Add chicken; seal bag and shake to coat.

In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook half of the chicken in 1 tsp oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm; repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Remove bay leaf from sauce. Serve over chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment