Monday, August 13, 2012

#645: 5 Ingredient Granola Bars


This recipe came in the mail this week in a flyer for Kroger.  Once I saw the words "5 Ingredients" and the picture of these I was hooked and planned to make these for the girls right away. 

These were super, super easy to make.  You basically just mix everything in a bowl, press into a 9x13 pan and bake.  The girls and I LOVED these.  I froze most of them so I can just pull out one bar at a time for Allison to eat in her lunchbox. 


Next time I'll make these with mini M and M's...I just couldn't find them at the store this week.

2 c quick cooking oats (I used steel cut)
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c honey
1/2 c peanut butter or 1 stick butter, softened (I used peanut butter)
3/4 c of any desired add-in (ideas include: MandM's, mini chocolate chips, raisins, Craisins, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds, etc.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  (Line a 9x13 pan with foil so you can easily pull these out of the pan and cut).  Spray with cooking spray.  Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.  Press into prepared pan and bad for 18 minutes or until light golden brown. 

Cool 5 minutes, cut into rectangles and then cool completely before serving.  (Or eat warm right out of the pan like I did...still delicious!)  Store in an air tight container.  Makes 18 bars. 

1 comment:

  1. I got that flyer also and make these every few weeks. I've experimented with various ingredients, using 1/4 cup Truvia instead of the brown sugar was good. My 18 year old son loves them.

    Your post here is from 2012, so that flyer must be really old! (Mine has a LOT of goo on it!)

    ReplyDelete