Saturday, August 25, 2012

#648: Strawberry Beet Smoothie


I have never liked the taste of beets.  They are one of the few vegetables that I just cannot get into or enjoy in any way.  Not opposed to subjecting my children to them though, I made beet puree for Matthew for future baby foods.  :)  Sorry buddy...you're going to love veggies if it kills me!

Anyhow, I had a little bit of left over beet puree and decided to use up the leftovers in a smoothie.  I have to admit, it is really good.  It still has that woodsy beet taste to it, but it isn't super overpowering.  I will definitely make this again for myself...and next time I'm making the girls try it (although my guess is they will drink it once but not again after that).


1/4 c pureed beets
1/3 c strawberries (fresh or frozen)

1/2+ skim milk (I needed to add a little bit more to mine to thin it out)
1/2 tbsp honey
ice cubes (if using fresh strawberries.  Otherwise if using frozen strawberries you don't need it)


Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment