Saturday, November 29, 2014

#1,383: Creamy Cranberry Salad

I wish I would have taken a much better photo of this, because this picture does not do it justice!!  This was not only a super easy "salad" to throw together, but it was SOOOOOO good.  I absolutely loved this and will be making it again for another family gathering.  My mother-in-law even said I can bring it any time.  I think I might make it again for Christmas!

3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (thawed)
20 oz unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
2 c mini marshmallows
1 medium apple, chopped
2/3 c sugar (I used ½ cup)
1/8 tsp salt
2 c heavy whipping cream
¼ c chopped walnuts (I used ½ cup)

**I could not find frozen cranberries so I used fresh cranberries.  I boiled a small pot of water and added about 1/2 c sugar to the mixture.  When it came to a boil, I added the cranberries and let them simmer for about 3 minutes, until they started to pop open.  Then I placed in cold water and then drained.  I then continued with the recipe below:

In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.


In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Just before serving (I actually did this about 2 1/2 hours before serving), fold cream and walnuts into cranberry mixture. Yield: 16 servings (1/2 cup each).

No comments:

Post a Comment