Wednesday, August 31, 2011

#363: Cauliflower Popcorn


My friend Tara shared this recipe, and I was super excited to give it a try.  I love roasted vegetables and popcorn, so this looked like the perfect snack for me.  Instead of salt, I tossed some ranch flavored popcorn salt on mine when it came out of the oven.  YUM!  I'll be making this again for sure!!  When Allison heard the word "popcorn" she was very interested in trying my snack...guess she missed the "cauliflower" part because she was not a fan.  Fine with me, that's one less person I had to share with!  :)  Chloe on the other hand loved this!  She probably could eat as much as I could.

1 head cauliflower
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt, to taste

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Trim the head of cauliflower, discarding the core and thick stems; cut florets into pieces about the size of ping-pong balls.
(I didn't read this part, so mine were super small...I didn't mind though!)
In a large bowl, combine the olive oil and salt, whisk, then add the cauliflower pieces and toss thoroughly.  Spread the cauliflower pieces on a cookie sheet and roast for 1 hour, turning 3 or 4 times, until most of each piece has turned golden brown. (Mine were so small, it only needed about 35 minutes).  The browner the cauliflower pieces turn, the more caramelization occurs and the sweeter they’ll taste.  Serve immediately and enjoy! (I ate mine about 2 hours later...it was still good, but isn't all food good when you can eat it with your fingers?)

No comments:

Post a Comment