Saturday, August 13, 2011

#348: Grilled Fried Chicken


The name of this recipe is a total oxymoron.  How can it be grilled and fried?  It's not!  I don't think this is an appropriate name.  There is nothing "fried" this this dish.  How about "breaded grilled chicken?"  Yes, that's better. 

Now I should have thought this recipe though.  What happens when you put breading on the grill?  It burns.  Duh!  Brian claims it burnt because he put Allison in time out and was distracted (she threw a cicada shell in her sister's face...definitely qualifies for a time out!) , I think it was the crackers fault.  Blame the food, not the chef!  Oddly enough though, 8 of 8 people gave this 5 stars...maybe we should try it again. 

Anyhow, this was very, very easy to prepare.  But I think next time (if I try this again), I'll bake it in the oven instead.  We liked the cracker taste of the breading but the slightly burnt, a little soggy, taste/texture turned us off.  On a positive note, my family had NO idea there was mayo in this....so I think I can continue to use it as a coating as an alternative to eggs.

1/4 cup Kraft Real Mayonnaise
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 chicken thighs (1-1/2 lb.), skin removed (I used chicken breast tenders)
25 Ritz Crackers, crushed
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (I used dried)
Heat
 grill to medium-low heat. 
Mix mayo
Grill, covered, 15 minutes on each side or until chicken is done (165ºF). 

No comments:

Post a Comment