Monday, August 29, 2011

#361: Hot Dogs with Bacon Mango Salsa


Don't even think for one minute that anyone else in my family ate this hot dog; they didn't!  I ate this for dinner while everyone else had hot dogs with ketchup.  SO boring!  I however, LOVED this.  I was a little nervous but it was really, really good.  Fresh mango + bacon = delish!

1 mango, finely chopped

8 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
2 tsp. chopped habanero chiles (I omitted)
8 hot dogs
1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I omitted)
8 hot dog buns
Heat grill to medium-high heat.  Combine first 5 ingredients.  Grill hot dogs 7 to 9 min. or until heated through, turning occasionally. Cut lengthwise slits in hot dogs to within 1/2 inch of ends; fill with cheese. Grill, cheese-sides up, 1 min. or until cheese is melted.  Place hot dogs in buns; top with mango mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment