Wednesday, August 3, 2011

#344: Teriyaki Beef


My family can tell you, I am NOT a big meat eater.  I won't eat something if it looks or smells odd, and if the piece is too thick, I'll probably avoid it.  Growing up I tried to become vegetarian for a while, not because of my love of animals, but because I couldn't stand the taste of meat.  Thanksgiving is still one of my least favorite holidays.  However, that obviously doesn't mean that I don't eat meat, and as a teen and adult have definitely grown to appreciate and enjoy certain meat products.  I made this recipe particularly with Brian in mind, and figured I'd eat a little and enjoy most of the other side dishes I made to go with it.  WRONG!  As you can see from the photo, I like almost all of my meat very well done (I've made many steak houses cringe when I order my food not only "well done," but "basically burn the heck out of it."  True story), and after 7 years of marriage, I rarely have to tell Brian to put my food back on the grill. 

This charred piece of tip steak was delicious!  I cut a few super thin slices to try and ended off finishing that significantly large piece that you see in the photo above.  DEFINITELY going to make this again!  Definitely!


2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 cups of soy sauce
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp sesame oil (I used olive oil)
1 onion (I was too lazy to chop an onion so I used about 1 tbsp minced onion)
2 Tbsp garlic
1/2 tsp pepper
Fresh Ginger (mine was frozen and I couldn't find the grater, so I sliced off about 6 thin slices)

Slice Tri Tip into thin slices and marinate in this. (I skipped this step.  My tri tip was in 4 smaller pieces so I just marinated and grilled it whole).  Grill on BBQ. If your slices are thin enough, you can skewer them and add veggies for kabobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment