Wednesday, August 17, 2011

#352: Pina Colada Cake


I am happy to report that the original recipe for this cake came from Eat Better America...so it's healthy!! That's right, a healthy cake! Love it! And here's the best part...it only uses 4 ingredients.

I liked this a lot, but I didn't love it.  I would absolutely make it again, but probably not something I'd make on a regular basis. 


1 package (14 1/2 oz) angel food cake mix
20 oz unsweetened crushed pineapple
8 oz fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 oz toasted coconut


Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9 in baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl combine cake mix and the crushed pineapple (do not drain the liquid first).  Pour into a prepared baking dish.  Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean.  Cool completely on a rack. 
Spread whipped topping over cooled cake.  Sprinkle with coconut.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment