Sunday, August 21, 2011

#356: Carrot Slaw


I found this recipe as a little side note in my recent Family Circle Magazine.  It was supposed to be paired with tilapia but I just made it as a side dish to take to school with me for lunch this week.  I decided to save some money and not buy the pre-shredded carrots and try to make my own instead.  Well, I don't have a box grater (I have a flat one) and that was taking FOREVER to shred, so I decided to throw the carrots into my mini food processor, but I don't have a shred attachment, so it basically grated it all into tiny pieces.  That's fine for me, but it would definitely be better with thicker, longer pieces of shredded carrots.  Oh well...next time I'll just buy the pre-shredded ones!  I also didn't have miracle whip, so I used real mayo and added a bit of sugar to sweeten it up a bit.  I like this.  I don't love this, but I do like it and will continue to eat it for lunches this week.  We'll see how I feel after this week if I'd make this again.  (Probably though!)
1 lb shredded carrots
1/2 c raisins
1/4 c miracle whip
1/4 c sour cream
2 tbsp milk
1/8 tsp salt

Combine all ingredients.  Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment