Saturday, August 13, 2011

#349: Grilled Mozza-Chicken Sandwiches

Well this one must be worth trying because it's a chicken sandwich...and I liked it!  Unless it's a veggie chicken patty, I don't like chicken sandwiches.  But this one, I liked.  Now, I did make a few adjustments: I used a chicken breast tender and I flattened it with a mallet so it was pretty thin.  Hey, if that's the trick to liking chicken sandwiches, that's fine by me! 

Unfortunately I was the only one who at it this way in our family.  Brian ate BBQ chicken on a toasted roll (he did like it though) and the girls ate their chicken cut up (no bread). 

4
boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
1/2 cup sliced onions
1/2 cup green pepper strips (I used yellow)
1 Tbsp. oil
1/3 cup Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce (sorry Kraft, I used Sweet Baby Rays)
4 kaiser rolls, split
4 Kraft Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese Slices

H
eat grill to medium-high heat. 
Grill chicken 8 min. 
Meanwhile, cook and stir vegetables in hot oil in large skillet on medium heat 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
Turn chicken; brush with barbecue sauce. Grill 7 to 9 min. or until chicken is done (165°F), turning and brushing occasionally with remaining sauce and adding rolls, cut-sides down, to the grill for the last few minutes.  Fill rolls with chicken, cheese and vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment