Monday, August 1, 2011

#342: Spiced Tea Lemonade


Photo courtesy of My Recipes.com.  I really need to invest in some glass glasses if only for the sole purpose of taking pictures of some of the drink recipes I try.  Trying to take a picture of the plastic cup or pitcher it's in just doesn't do the photos justice. 

I LOVED this tea/lemonade!  However, it has SO much sugar in it, and I really hate drinking extra calories...if I'm going to consume the calories I'd much rather have ice cream or something, not a refreshing tea!  Regardless, this was good, and very easy to make.  I would definitely make this again, but I think I would try using a lot less sugar and adding it in just until it needs it.  Maybe 3/4 c or less!  It sure is good though!
6 orange spice tea bags
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup fresh lemon juice
Lemon slices, optional

Put tea bags in a large pitcher.  Stir in sugar and 4 cups boiling water.  Let cool.

Remove tea bags; stir in juice and 2 cups cold water.  Chill for 2 hours.  Fill 8 glasses with ice.  Pour in lemonade; add lemon slices, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment