Saturday, September 26, 2015

#1.635: Yogurt Based Chicken Salad

Although I usually don't use Greek yogurt in my chicken salad (not that I'm opposed to it but I try to limit my dairy) I figured I'd give this recipe a try.  I omitted the celery because I'm not a huge fan of it. I do like the added crunch celery would have given this recipe though and probably will add a little bit (or diced peppers) next time. I did like this though.  It was good eaten on lettuce leaves, but it would have been just as good (or better) served on some organic crackers!  :) 

2 large cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1 cup thin sliced celery
1 cup seedless red grapes
2 Tbsp finely diced red onion
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 splash hot sauce, such as tabasco – optional

Combine gently, cover and chill for an hour or two in the refrigerator

No comments:

Post a Comment