Friday, September 4, 2015

#1,615: Make Ahead Caprese Salad (In a mason jar)


My jar photo does not look anything as nice as the original recipe/photo, but that's because I chopped up my tomatoes and the original recipe poster left hers whole. Plus she jused pretty mozzarella pearls and I couldn't find those at my grocery store, so I got a ball of fresh mozzarella and just chopped it up.  It all tastes the same!!

I really, really loved this salad.  It was a great thing to be able to make ahead of time and then just grab out of the fridge when it was time for lunch.  Next time I will add some red onion to this as well.  I might make this again next week (yes it was that good).  


Layer from the bottom up in a ½ pint or pint size jar:
1-2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
pinch of sea salt
tsp balsamic vinegar
a large handful of organic grape/cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh all natural mozzarella pearls
Then fill the rest of the way with spinach leaves
You can also add a little bit of chopped basil as well (optional)

When you’re ready to eat, simply shake or stir.  

I usually only prep these 2 days in advance.  Keep refrigerated with a tightly sealed lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment