Tuesday, September 22, 2015

#1,627: Blueberry Yogurt Muffins

I was kind of surprised that only one of my kids liked this recipe.  I thought these were good but they are quite dense.  I would definitely make this again because it does taste good, but it isn't my most favorite muffin I've ever made, so I'd probably try out a different recipe next time.  Make sure you store these in the fridge, because they release some moisture!

1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Prepare 12 cup muffin tin by greasing.  In a mixer, beat the egg, yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract.  In a medium sized bowl, stir together the flour, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing just until combined.  Gently fold in the blueberries.  Fill the muffin tins 3/4 of the way full.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment