Friday, September 4, 2015

#1,611: Parmesan Roasted Broccoli


Let me tell you how easy this recipe is and how much I truly loved this dish!  I mean I LOVED it and will probably make it again tomorrow.  And maybe the next day.  :)  It is a great, easy side dish (or main meal!!) to have on hand and throw together at the last minute.  So delicious!

2 big heads of broccoli, cut into florets
5 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced (I used minced)
2 to 3 tbsp olive oil
1½ tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
¼ cup roasted pecans, chopped (I used almonds)
⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. 
Place the broccoli florets on a sheet pan large enough to hold them in a single layer. Toss the garlic on the broccoli and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.


Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with lemon juice, pecans and Parmesan cheese. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment