Saturday, September 5, 2015

#1,620:Garden Veggie and Herb Meatballs

I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy these meatballs, but I have to admit, I really did like these.  They are no means my favorite meatballs, but it's a great way to get a protein and veggie in (especially for the kids!).  

1 pound ground beef (I used ground turkey)
1 and 1/2 cups packed shredded vegetables (I used zucchini, carrots, and mushrooms)
¼ tsp sea salt
2 tbsp fresh herbs, finely chopped (basil, cilantro, or parsley)
1/4 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 egg, whipped

Preheat oven to 400’F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.


Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.  Roll into desired sized meatballs and place onto baking sheet.  Bake for 25-30 minutes until brown and cooked all the way through.  Serve immediately or allow to cool and freeze for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment