Friday, September 4, 2015

#1,616: Paleo Sausage and Zucchini Breakfast Meatballs

So this recipe didn't have the zucchini originally added to it, but taking some bulk sausage and adding baking powder and almond flour just didn't seem like enough for me.  I needed a way to sneak in a veggie for my kids.  So I grated up a zucchini and added it right to the mixture.  My kids (and I) loved these little meatballs.  We ate them for breakfast and for dinner.  Oh how I love versatile meals.  :)  These are a tiny bit greasy so I made them a second time but with half ground turkey and half pork sausage (see photo below).  The kids loved them even more.  This recipe is/was a huge hit in our house!

I made these again but with half pork sausage
and half ground turkey.  My kids LOVED these
even more!
1 lb of breakfast sausage (I used 1/2 lb organic pork sausage and 1/2 lb ground turkey)
1 tsp of Baking Powder
1/2 cup of Almond Flour
1 small to medium zucchini, finely grated (squeeze out the excess water if needed.  I chopped mine in the food processor and didn't need to wring out any liquid)

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.

Mix all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Make sure that the almond flour and baking powder are mixed in well to ensure even cooking.


Mold sausage into about 2 inch balls and place evenly on a foil covered cookie sheet. And place them in your preheated oven for 15  minutes.  Pull out of oven and turn each meatball. Replace in oven and continue cooking for another 15 minutes or until cooked all the way through.    

No comments:

Post a Comment