Wednesday, September 23, 2015

#1,629: Skinny Baked Pork Chops

I'll be honest, I never thought my family (ahem, my husband) was going to like this recipe.  I pinned this recipe quite a while ago and keep pushing it off my menu.  I finally gave in and figured I'd just try it and see what my family thought.  Shockingly, they really liked it.  I didn't think my husband would like the sauce on this, but it was actually really easy to make and really good.

4 — 4 oz pork chops (I used boneless, thin chops)
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, diced (I omitted)
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
⅓ cup reduced-sugar orange juice
½ cup reduced-sugar BBQ sauce

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Season pork chops lightly with salt and pepper.

Heat 2 tsp of oil in a large oven proof skillet over high heat. Add the pork chops to pan.  Cook until they are lightly brown (1 to 2 minutes per side). Transfer to a plate.  

Add the remaining 1 tsp oil to the pan.  Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened (3 to 4 minutes).  Add orange juice and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated (about 1 minute). Stir in barbecue sauce.

Return the pork chops to the pan, turning several times to coat with the sauce. 
Place the oven proof skillet in the oven and continue baking for 10-12 minutes, or until the pork chops are not pink in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment