Sunday, April 27, 2014

#1,240: Crockpot Artichokes

Coming soon is a super delicious recipe for making oven roasted artichokes.  But as I was looking for a recipe to follow, I came across this recipe which cooks the artichokes in a crock pot.  Genius!  So I figured I’d make them both ways and see which one I preferred.  Unfortunately I preferred the oven method.  Not that these were bad, but just not as good…at least not to me.  But if you like artichokes and don’t want to heat up your kitchen/oven, this might be the recipe for you. 

4-6 large artichokes. ( I have a 6 QT oval crockpot and was able to five 5 large)
2 cups vegetable broth
4-6 cloves of garlic, minced
fresh juice from 1 large lemon (about 2 TBS)
3 TBS olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
  
First, wash artichokes. Trim each artichoke by cutting off stem at the base of the artichoke, and the top inch of the artichoke.  Place trimmed artichokes in your crockpot. Brush the lemon juice over each artichoke.   Next place minced garlic on top of each artichoke. Rub in with a spoon. Drizzle olive oil evenly over each artichoke top. Pour in 2 cups of vegetable broth. 

Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours.  Depending on the size of your artichokes, you might want to cook a little less or more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment