Sunday, April 13, 2014

#1,234: Acorn Squash Fries

I have had an acorn squash sitting on my counter for about two weeks now and figured I better use it up pretty soon.  So I decided to make these super easy, healthy acorn squash fries and they are DELICIOUS!  They are so good, I plan on eating them for my breakfast tomorrow.  :)  I had to put them away before I ate them all tonight.  

1 acorn squash (peel off the skin, scoop out the seeds and cut into french fry size pieces)
1-2 tbsp olive oil
seasoned salt (to taste)

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Set aside.

In a small bowl mix the acorn squash pieces with olive oil.  Sprinkle with seasoned salt.  Pour the squash onto the parchment lined cookie sheet and bake 375 degrees for about 40 minutes.  Turn squash occasionally to brown on both sides.  Watch closely so it does not burn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment