Saturday, April 5, 2014

#1,225: Butternut squash "pizza" bites

Oh I am so glad I found this recipe!  Although these take a little bit of time to make (to cook the squash) they were SO good and really hit the spot when I wanted some pizza but healthier!  I easily could have eaten the entire pan.  Oh my goodness were these good.  This time I only ate it with cheese and sauce but I might try adding some chopped veggies to the tops next time too. 

1 large butternut squash
Pizza sauce
Finely shredded Italian cheese

Preheat the oven to 400 and grease two cookie sheets with olive oil (I skipped this step and lined it with parchment paper). Peel the squash and slice the stem part into about 1/4-inch disks, trying to get them as close to the same size as possible so they cook evenly. Set aside the bulb part for soup or something else yummy.

Brush the disks with olive oil and place on cookie sheets (I skipped this step too!  No need for extra fat/calories). Bake for 20 minutes, then flip and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and top with favorite toppings. Bake again for 3 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment