Sunday, April 27, 2014

#1,238: Slow cooker party snack mix

I made this party mix to take to work tomorrow for a snack/treat for a weddings shower for my co-worker.  It was a last minute, I-need-something-easy-that-can-also-sit-out kind of a recipe and then found this on one of my pinterest boards.  It was definitely easy, but you cannot walk away and forget about it or will burn.  I had to pick out several burnt pieces from this.  It also doesn't have nearly enough flavor or seasoning.  I had to double the butter/garlic/seasoned salt to be able to taste it at all.  Next time I will probably add even more.  I love party mixes, so I will make them again, but I don't know if I will make this particular recipe again.  Good, but not outstanding.  

3 cups Cheez-It crackers
9 cups Crispix cereal
3 cups pretzel sticks
1 can mixed nuts (I used almonds)
1/2 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Mix Cheez-It crackers, Crispix, pretzel sticks, and mixed nuts in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.  Whisk together melted butter; Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and garlic powder. Then pour wet ingredients over cereal mixture. Mix well.  

Cook uncovered on high for approximately 90 minutes, stirring about every 30 minutes. Turn the slow cooker down to low and cook uncovered for an additional 20 minutes, stirring frequently (about every 10 minutes).  Spread on a cookie sheet to cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment