Friday, October 5, 2012

Product Review Smartfood Selects Snacks


I had the opportunity to participate in another Bzzagent Bzz Campaign, this time for Smartfood Selects Snacks.  I had not heard of these snacks before this campaign so I was excited to try them.  No, let me rephrase that, I've had the Smartfoods White Cheddar Popcorn before (which I LOVE) but I had not heard of the popped chips or the granola coated popcorn before.  (I cannot wait to try the Honey Cinnamon Pecan flavored Granola Coated Popcorn! Could it have a slightly shorter name though?!) 

In my Bzzkit I received 1 large bag of popcorn and 2 smaller bags (single servings) of their popped chips.  The popped chips (shown above) come in a .8 oz bag which contain 110 calories, 4.5 g fat, and 3 g protein.  (I'd eat it just to get the added protein!).


Both flavors were really good, however I preferred the Garlic Tomato Basil over the Feta Herb.  Although this says "Feta and Herb," I really could only taste the herbs.  Not that it was a bad thing, but I LOVE feta and was searching to find the flavor of it, and sadly I could not.  I felt the Garlic Tomato Basil flavors were more prevalent and easier to detect.  These have a great crunch.  I ate the Feta Herb ones while working during lunch one day and apparently I inhaled them because they were gone before I knew it. :(

I also was able to try the Buffalo Cheddar Popcorn.  Oh my is that spicy!  You can really taste the cayenne pepper in this snack.  I am not a huge fan of spicy foods but I could not stop eating this popcorn.  My mouth was on fire after eating a few pieces but I was completely addicted to eating it as long as I could before I couldn't stand the heat anymore. :)  I can't eat it all the time, but it was so good I would definitely eat it again...and probably again.  It's GOOD!  I am super eager to try the Parmesan Herb popcorn too! 


What I love about this brand is that there are both sweet and savory snacks to enjoy. Basically there is something for you for whatever mood you are in!  On "it's-been-a-rough-day-at-work" day, the Buffalo Cheddar Popcorn will get your aggression out.  And the Sour Cream Onion Puffed Corn is perfect for the "I-need-something-healthy-to-eat-with-my-take-out-sandwich" days.  The next time I'm in a "I-need-a-pick-me-up" mood, I'm going to grab a bag of the Cinnamon Brown Sugar Popcorn.  So many great choices with this line of snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment