Tuesday, October 30, 2012

#715: Brown Sugar Pumpkin Pie Iced Lattes


Well I had to find a recipe to use up my canned pumpkin didn't I?!  I halved this recipe (since I was the only one who would be drinking it) but next time I would probably make the full batch.  I LOVED this...although I had to make a few adjustments because it was a little too bitter for my liking and it needed more pumpkin!

I was a little disappointed when I first saw this recipe because I didn't think I had any ground coffee in the house (I just tossed the stuff I had in the freezer)...but then I remembered that I had a recent Bzzkit arrive with some ground Green Mountain Fair Trade coffee!  I am a Bzzagent thru Bzzagent.com and received this product for free. 


Yeah for being able to make this recipe again!!  Not only is this coffee delicious (I woud totally buy this on a regular basis!) but the company is a Fair Trade Company.  If you are unfamiliar with this concept here is some more information: (taken from Green Mountain Website):
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an opportunity to create better coffee, and a better world. From carefully sourcing and roasting the highest quality beans, to empowering employees and protecting the environment, we focus on what's important. Our goal is to create truly inspired coffee that's environmentally sound, socially just, and undeniably delicious.  In a nutshell, Fair Trade helps farmers get a fair price for their beans, improves working conditions, helps protect the environment and supports the local communitiies by creating new schools, roads, clinics and creating safer drinking water.  Just by purchasing fair trade goods and products you are helping SO many other people/workers/families in the process. 

Ok, back to the recipe I tried!

4 cups espresso or very strong coffee (see brewing tip in directions)
1/2 gallon (8 cups) milk--1% or 2% (I used skim)
3/4 cup canned pumpkin (I would use at least 1 can)
3/4 cup maple syrup (I used brown sugar)
2 tablespoons vanilla
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker, cook on high for 2-3 hours. May also be cooked on low on the stove top.

***To brew espresso strength coffee in a drip coffeemaker, use 1.5 cups ground coffee to 4 measuring cups of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment