Monday, October 22, 2012

#702: Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Oatmeal


This week we decided to have breakfast for dinner.  In our house that typically means pancakes or waffles.  Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy breakfast any time of the day, but I also like that it gives me an opportunity to make something that I want for breakfast since my family doesn't like things like eggs or oatmeal.  I made this recipe the night before since it only requires 2 1/2 hours in the crockpot. 

Sadly I hated this.  It was awful.  I thew away the entire crockpot.  :(  I don't think oatmeal in a crockpot is for me.  I've tried it too many times and not enjoyed it. 


1 cup steel cut oats
2 cups low-fat milk
2 cups water
1 cup grated sweet potato
2 tablespoons unrefined sweetener, more or less to taste (I used honey)
Kosher or sea salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker, cover and cook on low 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until desired consistency is reached. Recommend 4-5 quart slow cooker.

No comments:

Post a Comment