Saturday, October 6, 2012

#689: Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Smoothie


I had super high hopes for this pumpkin smoothie because I LOVE pumpkin.  I decided to make this healthier by using skim milk instead of heavy cream.  That may have made a difference in this recipe, but all you could taste was the pure pumpkin and it was too watery for my liking.  (Maybe adding the extra water should have been omitted).  Regardless, it wasn't the texture that was off putting, for me it was the taste.  So I'm still on the hunt for a delicious, healthy, pumpkin smoothie recipe.

1/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
1/4 cup heavy cream

3/4 cup water
1 tsp pure vanilla extract and 2 packs of sweetener of choice

1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice1/2 cup ice

Blend all ingredients thoroughly in your blender until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment