Tuesday, October 30, 2012

#711: Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Shake


I'm about to give "pumpkin" it's own category!  I especially like eating pumpkin for breakfast.  Oatmeal too, but I haven't found many ways to incorporate these two together that I'm overly fond of...unless it's in the form of a cookie, then there's no problems there! 

Anyhow, I came across
this recipe (from one of my favorite healthy cooking websites) and decided to give it a try because 1. it had pumpkin AND oatmeal in it and 2. it  could be made ahead of time.  Sadly I really didn't enjoy this.  The girls weren't fans of it either.  :(  Sorry, but I won't be making this again.

1/2 cup quick oats

2 cups water
1 cup fat free milk
1 cup ice
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
3 tbsp brown sugar
1-2 tsp cinnamon
pumpkin pie spice to taste

Directions:
Cook oats and water in a small pot for about 1-2 minutes, stirring often until it becomes thick and bubbly.  Remove from heat and let cook for a few minutes.

In a blender add milk, pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.  Add oats and ice.  Blend on high until very smooth.  Chill in fridge or pour in a glass over ice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment