Sunday, October 23, 2011

#401: Easy Bacon and Egg Bake


The original recipe serves 8, but no one in my family would eat this, so I cut it down to make one serving (and had to enlist the help of my husband to figure out the measurements).  The recipe shown below is for 8 servings.  I really enjoyed this!  It was really easy and quick to make and although I doubled the amount of bacon (one slice just didn't seem like enough!), next time I'll try this with cooked, crumbled breakfast sausage or possibly even bacon AND sausage.  (Dare devil, I know!)    
9 bacon strips, chopped
9 eggs, beaten
3 cups 2% milk
3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
1 large onion, chopped
1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and biscuit mix. Stir in the cooked bacon, cheese, onion, red pepper, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.

Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment