Sunday, October 23, 2011

#399: Crockpot French Dip

EASY and oh, so YUMMY.  This was good!  VERY good.  Did I mention easy?  I recently came across a new blog and found this recipe among several others.  We will definitely be making this one again. 
4 pounds of some type of roast meat (rump roast, chuck roast, etc)
1 can (10.5 oz) beef broth
1 can (10.5 oz) french onion soup (I used dried onion soup mix)
1 bottle or can (12 oz) beer (I used beef broth)
french rolls or other crusty rolls
sliced cheese (I was too lazy to get this since I would have been the only one eating it)

Place your roast in the crockpot and pour the broth, french onion soup and beer on top.   Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours.  (Mine cooked for 10 hours)  About 30 minutes before eating, take out the meat and shred.  Place meat back into the juices and stir to flavor all the meat.  Split your rolls and top with sliced cheese.  Bake at 200 degrees for about 10 minutes or until rolls are nice and toasty.  Top rolls with shredded meat and add a cup of the au jus on the side to dip your sandwich in.

No comments:

Post a Comment