Saturday, October 8, 2011

#389: Grilled Balsamic Steak

I told Brian I was making this for dinner and he made a face at me.  I wasn't so sure he was going to like this...his reaction wasn't exactly promising.  :)  Funny thing though, I wouldn't eat it (the cut of meat was too thick) but Brian surely liked it.  The flavor of the marinade was good on the one piece I did attempt to eat.  I'll definitely try this again...with a different cut of meat. 

**The original recipe was from the Cooking Club of America...yes I am a member.  Don't make fun.  I only tell you this because if you try to see the original recipe you might not be able to. **

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large garlic clove, minced
4 (4- to 6-oz.) beef flat-iron or shoulder top blade steaks (1 inch thick)
1 1/2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt

Combine vinegar, oil and garlic in large bowl. Brush steaks with 1 tablespoon of the balsamic mixture; sprinkle with pepper and salt. Cover and refrigerate.  (I just put all of the ingredients in a Ziploc bag and let it marinade together).  Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate 2 hours, stirring occasionally.

Heat grill.  Grill steaks covered, over medium heat or coals 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare steak, turning and brushing occasionally with reserved marinade.  Remove steaks from grill. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment