Sunday, October 2, 2011

#384: Spaghetti Squash Lasagna


One day at school last week one, I got a spaghetti squash from one of the other teachers.  It's been sitting on my counter because I haven't had time to make anything with it yet.  Right after I got the squash though, I found this recipe and knew it would be the perfect recipe to use it in.  I wasn't sure I was going to love this but I really did enjoy this and will be sharing it with my sister-in-law at dinner tonight!

2 cups marinara sauce

3 cups cooked roasted spaghetti squash
1 cup part skim ricotta
8 tsp Parmesan cheese
6 oz part skim shredded mozzarella

Preheat oven to 375°.  In four individual 5 x 7-inch oven safe baking dishes (or an 8x8 pan), ladle 1/4 cup quick marinara sauce on the bottom of each dish.  Top each with 3/4 cup of cooked spaghetti squash and spread evenly.  Top each with 1/4 cup ricotta.  Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of grated Parmesan cheese and .75 oz mozzarella on each.   Add the remaining sauce, Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.

Cover with foil and bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the edges begin to bubble; uncover and cook an additional 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment