Sunday, October 23, 2011

#396: Parmesan Roasted Acorn Squash


I ripped this recipe out of one of my magazines, I THINK it was real simple, but I'm not 100% sure.  This was super easy to make.  Squash is usually hard to cut into but the acorn squash is so small, it's easy to cut.  The girls were not fans (I pretty much had to force them to eat a small bite), but I loved this.  This was a super yummy, fall dish!

1 two-pound acorn squash halved, seeded and sliced in 3/4 in thick slices
2 tbsp olive oil

8 springs fresh thyme (I used tried)
Salt and pepper
1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 400 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash with the oil, thyme, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Sprinkle with Parmesan.  Roast the squash until golden brown and tender, approx. 25-30 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment