Tuesday, June 21, 2011

#299: Italian Chicken Packets


Here's another healthy recipe from my Betty Crocker 300 Calorie Cookbook.  This was super easy to make...although only my chicken was like the recipe below.  The rest of the family had Italian-dressing-grilled-chicken instead. 

Here's what I loved about this recipe: it was super easy to prepare, the chicken was very moist, the bottom of the chicken (the parts touching the bottom of the foil) were nicely browned.   Here's what I didn't like about this recipe: besides the bottom of the chicken, it was too "white" in my opinion.  Yes the chicken was cooked, but I like my chicken practically burnt so I didn't like the look of it.  I had to take my chicken and veggies and throw them on the grill for a few minutes to brown up.  Then I really enjoyed it.  So yes it was good, and would be an excellent meal to make camping, but if I have to grill my meat anyways, I might as well do that from the beginning.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
1 medium bell pepper cut into 4 wedges
4 plum tomatoes, cut in half
1 small red onion, cut into 8 wedges
1/2 c fat-free Italian Dressing

Heat grill.  Cut 4 (18x12 in) sheets of heavy-duty foil; spray with cooking spray.  Place 1 chicken breast half on center of each sheet.  Top each with 1 bell pepper wedge, 2 tomato halves, 2 onion wedges, and 2 tbsp dressing. 

Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet.  Seal edges, making tight 1/2 inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion.  Fold other sides to seal. 

Place packets on grill over medium heat.  Cover and cook 18-22 minutes rotating packets 1/2 turn after 10 minutes.  To serve, cut large X across top of each packet; carefully fold back foil to allow steam to escape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment