Sunday, June 19, 2011

#295: Three-Holer Cake


Brian's favorite desserts: Chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake and brownies.  I didn't want to just make him an ordinary box mix dessert for Father's Day, so when I came across this recipe, I knew it would be one he would hopefully enjoy and I could try out.  I found this recipe in June/July issues of Taste of Home Magazine.  This is super moist and we all really enjoyed it...however, I don't see why you can't just mix all the ingredients in a bowl and then pour into a baking dish.  So next time I will actually try that and see if it makes any difference.  Regardless, this is so good and I will definitely make it again!

1 1/2 c sifted flour
1 c sugar
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c canola oil
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
1 c cold water

Measure flour, sugar, cocoa, soda and salt into sifter; sift twice.  Sift all into an ungreased 9 inch square baking pan.  Make 3 holes; put canola oil in one, vinegar in second and vanilla in third.  Pour water over all.  Mix with a fork until blended and batter is thin.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes...no more!  Let cool completely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment