Sunday, June 5, 2011

#285: Summer Stir-fry

Doesn't that look fresh and healthy??  I love summer and the fresh produce it brings!  I made a few changes to the Pioneer Woman's original recipe only because I didn't have any tomatoes and wanted to add/use other veggies I had on hand.  I added sliced radishes, and cut up red peppers.  Next time I'll add sliced red onion too.  And definitely add the tomatoes like the recipe calls for!  I'm not a super huge zucchini fan, but this was still really yummy.  This is a keeper!

1 Tablespoons Butter
1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 whole Zucchini, Sliced On A Slight Diagonal
2 ears Corn, Kernels Sliced Off
½ cups Grape Tomatoes, Sliced In Half Lengthwise
Salt And Freshly Ground Pepper, To

Original directions: Heat butter and oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini slices in a single layer and cook for one minute, tossing once. Scoot the zucchini to the edges of the pan, then add corn kernels to the middle of the pan. Cook for one minute. Add grape tomatoes, salt, and pepper and toss to combine. Cook for an additional 30 seconds, then remove from heat. Hint: Much better after it’s been allowed to cool for a bit!

My directions (I cooked mine a lot longer than the original recipe suggests): Heat butter and oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini slices in a single layer and cook for one minute, tossing once.  Dump in the rest of the veggies and mix to combine.  Cook until veggies are to desired crispness and slightly brown in color.  Season w/salt and pepper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment