Saturday, June 4, 2011

#283: Radish Salad


Last weekend we went to our first Farmer's Market of the summer.  Today we bought fresh spinach, red radishes and white radishes.  I've never had white radishes before so I was excited to try it.  Leave it to my family though to find huge cinnamon rolls at the farmers market though and that's what THEY wanted to get!  (Which Brian did get and claims they are the best he's ever had and an "11" on a scale of 1-10!) 

Anyhow, I love roasted, sliced radishes.  Raw radishes are starting to grow on me if they are sliced thin.  So I was a little nervous about trying this recipe.  Unfortunately it's too "radishy" for my liking.  I added a little bit of it to my spinach salad (which was good) but this is not a recipe I would make again for myself. 

5 radishes, thinly sliced


4 green onions, thinly sliced (I used less than 2)
1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/16 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I omitted)

In a small bowl, combine the radishes, onions and parsley. In another bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over radish mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment