Tuesday, June 7, 2011

#288: Sesame Chicken

I know there's more broccoli in this picture than chicken, but that's only because I wanted a lower calorie dinner so I bulked it up with sauteed veggies (mainly broccoli!).  This was a HUGE hit with our family.  It was fantastic and we will definitely make this again.  This was another recipe that I got out of my Betty Crocker 300 Calorie Recipes. 

1 c uncooked instant brown rice
2/3 c water
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp toasted sesame oil (I omitted)
2 tsp olive oil
14 oz uncooked chicken breast tenders, cut into half (or small pieces)
1 lb frozen bell peppers and onions (I used fresh)
1 tbsp sesame seeds


Cook 1 cup rice according to package directions.  Fluff with fork, set aside.
In a small bowl, stir water, soy sauce, lemon juice, cornstarch and sesame oil. Set aside.
Heat nonstick wok or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.  Add olive oil, rotate to coat sides.  Add chicken.  Stir-fry 2-3 min.  Add vegetables, stir-fry 3-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are crisp-tender.  Stir soy-sauce mixture into chicken.  Heat to boiling.  Cook and stir until sauce is thickened.  Sprinkle w/sesame seeds and serve with rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment