Saturday, June 18, 2011

#293: Sour Cream Cheese Puffs


I pulled this recipe out of one of my Taste of Home Magazine's several months ago.  I almost made it a couple of times and changed my mind at the last minute.  So I was glad that I finally tried this recipe out.  These were yummy!  They are definitely best served warm, so I made one plate to eat right away and put the other plate back in the turned-off oven, covered with foil to keep warm.  That worked great!  These are good!  Mmmmm....  I tried them with a little cilantro as suggested, but it was too over powering and I didn't like it at all.  As soon as I took the cilantro off it totally changed the taste and was much better (and I'm a cilantro fan!).  I definitely plan to make these again.

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened


1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 teaspoons lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro (I omitted)

In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, red pepper, onion, lemon juice, dill and pepper until blended.

Cut each biscuit in half horizontally; press into greased miniature muffin cups. Place a rounded tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture in each cup.  Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve warm. Yield: 40 appetizers.

No comments:

Post a Comment