Saturday, June 18, 2011

#291: Turkey-Mac Skillet


My current favorite cookbook is my Betty Crocker 300 Calorie Cookbook.  You will notice many recipes that I post this week are going to be from this book!  :)  This was a very easy recipe to prepare.  We all enjoyed this meal, although Brian and I added some sour cream (me) and crushed tortilla chips to the top of our bowls.  I'd make this again for us!

2 tsp canola or olive oil
1 1/4 lb ground turkey
1 c uncooked wagon wheel pasta (2 oz) (I used rotini b/c that's what Chloe picked at the store)

1/2 c chunky-style salsa
1 c water
1/2 tsp salt
dash pepper
2 medium stalks celery, thinly sliced (1 c) (I omitted)

1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 c) (I omitted)
16 oz tomato sauce

In a 12 inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.  Cook turkey in oil 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until no longer pink.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low.  Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes or until pasta is tender.

For added vitamins and fiber add some cooked kidney, pinto or black beans. (I added black beans to my bowl).

No comments:

Post a Comment