Sunday, February 25, 2018

#2,680: Instant Pot White Chicken Chili

I was looking for a recipe that I could make to take to a friend for lunch and definitely wanted something I could use as a way to try in my new favorite cooking vessel, my Instant Pot.  I loved that this recipe required me to throw everything into the Instant Pot at once and I had almost all of the ingredients already on hand. 

Once this recipe was done, I pulled the chicken out and shredded it in my stand mixer.  Personally this recipe calls for WAY too much chicken!  I only had .6 lb of chicken thighs and only used about 2/3rds of it in the chili.  But I'm not a huge chicken fan so maybe if you love chicken thighs you'll want to add it all it.  I thought it seemed like a crazy amount. 

I stole a bowl of this for myself (sorry Heather!) and topped mine with some chopped cilantro, a little bit of sour cream, and some crushed up tortilla chips.  I enjoyed this a lot!  I would definitely make this recipe again! 


1.3 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs (I only used about half a pound or less and shredded it after it cooked)
5 cups chicken stock homemade or store-bought
2 cloves garlic finely minced
1 medium onion diced
2 (15 oz) cans can white northern beans drained and rinsed
4 oz diced green chilies, undrained
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot, and place the lid on and lock it.  Use the manual keys to set the Instant Pot to 13 minutes manual.

After the cooking has completed, use the quick release lever to release the pressure.  Carefully remove the chicken thighs, and use two forks to shred the chicken.  Return chicken to the pot, and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment