Sunday, February 25, 2018

#2,677: Instant Pot Asian Chicken


This recipe was SO easy to throw in the Instant Pot and then walk away from.  What was that infomercial that probably coined the term "set it and forget it?!"  This recipe would definitely be one of those types of meals.  My cousin-in-law suggested getting different plastic rings for your instant pot and this recipe showed me exactly why you might want/need to do this.  Long after I made this recipe, I could still smell the sauce on the ring when I opened the lid.  I even tried doing a vinegar soak I found online, but it didn't seem to have made a difference.  SO if you are going to make this recipe in your Instant Pot and then follow up with making a dessert in your Instant Pot, I'd get more plastic rings! 

Regardless, our family enjoyed this meal.  I thought I'd have to set out rolls for my kids to make this chicken into mini sandwiches (which they often prefer to do with shredded chicken) but they didn't ask for it and all ate it, so that's a huge win in my book! 


1-2 lbs of chicken thighs (1lb for 4-5 servings)
1/4 cup of honey
1/3 cup of coconut aminos
1 T tomato paste
2 tsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
a dash of crushed red pepper
2 tsp rice flour (optional) (I used cornstarch instead)

Place chicken in a 6 quart Instant Pot.  

In a small bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together, except flour.  Pour over chicken and place the top on the pressure cooker.  Turn to high pressure and set for 15 minutes.  After the timer is up, switch to quick release.

To thicken sauce, remove chicken and set to saute. Whisk in two teaspoons of flour, if desired, and cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently.  (You can leave the chicken whole or chop into pieces...I decided to shred ours) Then add chicken back in and stir.  

I served our chicken over rice and added some chopped green onion on top.  


**If you are using an 8 quart pot, add 2/3 cup of water to the sauce mixture.**

No comments:

Post a Comment