Monday, February 5, 2018

#2,068: Chamomile Lavender Latte

I've never had a tea latte, but I am a huge tea drinker lately.  So when I came up with an advertisement for it in a recent issue of Food Network Magazine, I wanted to give it a try.  So this recipe is close to/inspired from that ad. 

I didn't love this at first, but found that I kept going back and trying it again and again.  Next thing I knew, I had drank the entire thing.  I guess that's a pretty good sign.  Since then I've made this a few times.  I've tried different types of milk and there are definitely differences to it (the less healthy milk choices make a much better froth!).  Heavy cream definitely froths the best, and unsweetened almond or cashew milk don't froth at all.  Skim milk didn't froth too much either, so I've settled on 2% milk which is definitely much healthier than cream but still gives it a bit of a froth.  I'm sure if my blender was more powerful that might help too! 

I've tried making this with different essential oil flavors and/or teas and this one seems to be the best one I've had and continue to make. It's great before bedtime because it's got both chamomile and lavender, which are both calming.  Although I enjoy this first thing in the morning too! 


2 bags of chamomile tea
1 c boiling water
1/4 c creamer of choice
1 tbsp honey (sometimes I use stevia too, but honey is better)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I don't measure, just do a splash)
1 drop of Young Living Lavender Vitality essential oil (only use one drop, or dip a toothpick into the oil and the swish around in the liquid to get a hint of it)

Boil water and pour over teabags.  Let steep for 10 minutes or so.  Pour hot tea into a blender and add remaining ingredients.  Blend until froth begins to form.  Pour into a cup/mug/teacup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment