Sunday, February 25, 2018

#2,678: Stir-fry Mushrooms and Bell Peppers

I had a whole lot of mushrooms leftover from another recipe and I wanted a quick and healthy side dish I could make to use some of them up.  I did a quick google search and came up with this recipe.  Obviously no one else in my family ate this except for me, but I was ok with that.  I was happy not to share.  I don't love cooked bell peppers, but I really did like these.  I'd definitely make this again!

2 tablespoons olive oil
3 green onions, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 bell peppers, de-seeded and diced 
1 cup champignon mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil

Heat oil until it is really hot.  Stir fry onions (1 minute), then garlic (20 seconds).
Then add peppers and mushrooms. Stir-fry until it becomes a bit soft, (about 2 minutes).
Add the rice wine vinegar and soy sauce and continue to stir for 2 minutes.

When done, remove from heat and add the sesame oil mixing it all together, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment