Monday, May 28, 2012

Product Review: Private Selections Cherry Pie

That looks yummy doesn't it?  Who doesn't like pie (besides my husband that is!?)  I was able to try the Private Selections brand of Pies available at Kroger thanks to a recent Taste of Summer BzzCampaign I was enrolled in at Bzzagent.com.  When I went to go purchase my pie, I was able to choose between apple or cherry.  I'll admit, I was greedy and hoping less people would like cherry so I wouldn't have to share with as many people.  :)  I brought it with me to my family's house over Memorial Day. 

Here's the Pro's:
This pie is the perfect size for a small group of people.  We were able to get 5 really nice size pieces out of this.
It's pre-made and ready to eat!  No baking required, so in this heat, you don't have to turn on your oven!
LOTS of cherries!  They were nice and full cherries too.  They were much better than canned pie filling you would get in the grocery stores.

Super crispy crust.  No, not crispy like a pizza, but a really nice pie crust.

Here's my con's:
It's a little expensive.  This pie was $3.99 at the store.  For a few dollars more I could have purchased a frozen pie in a larger size.

There are only 2 flavors.  For us pie lovers, I'd like to choose between more than just apple or cherry.
The crust (as good as it is) broke apart as we tried to cut it.  No it isn't crumbly, but the tops and bottoms separated when I cut into it. 
(This may only be a con to me) The cherry filling wasn't sweet enough.  I wish it has a little more flavor. 

Would I buy this again, yes, for sure!  Especially because most of my family doesn't like pie, so this would last me several days and I wouldn't feel like I was eating pie all day long to consume it all before going bad or having to throw it out because it's so big.  It's a fantastic size for a small family or gathering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment