Monday, May 28, 2012

Product Review: Private Selections Ice Cream

In a recent Private Selections Bzzkit I received, I was able to purchase and try the Chocolate Hazelnut Mascarpone Ice Cream.  These are available at Kroger, so all of my local family members should run out and try this! 

See the picture of the ice cream at the right, it didn't exactly look like this inside.  This is my only negative comment about this product...there wasn't enough hazelnut or chocolate in this for my liking.  I wish it would have had a lot more chocolate ribbons and hazelnut pieces.

Okay, negative comment out of the way.  Let's talk yummy now.  This ice cream is DELICIOUS.  The mascarpone ice cream is so smooth, and creamy and just the right amount of sweetness.  The hazelnut pieces are fantastic.  But I love hazelnuts!!  I thought that the pint was a little small at first and that it wouldn't last long in our house, but the ice cream has such a nice balance of sweetness and creaminess that you don't need much to satisfy your sweet tooth, and this lasted several days in our freezer (that's got to be close to a record in our house!).  I had a hard time sharing this with the girls because I enjoyed it so much.  Okay, let's be honest, I might have hit it in the back of the freezer so they wouldn't see it when I opened the door.  :)
I LOVED this and would definitely buy this ice cream again.  I can't wait to try some of their other flavors.  I think next time I'm going to try the honey baklava and cinnamon chocolate...probably the baklava is next!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment