Monday, May 28, 2012

#553: Country Blueberry Dessert


This is the perfect recipe to use up some of those leftover blueberries from last summer.  (Since we'll be getting more this summer...got to make room in the freezer). I was a little worried and had to put out an APB to my book club group before I made this.  The recipe says to put the flour mixture in the baking dish then top with blueberries.  How are you supposed to have a nice flour-y crust when you put the blueberries on top?!  Don't worry though, the blueberries are dense and drop to the bottom for the most part. 

I loved this.  I ate it with a little bit of cool whip on top, but it would be good with ice cream too.  In fact, this is so yummy, I ate the little bit of leftovers for breakfast the next morning.  I will definitely make this again.  I hope I have a bunch of frozen blueberries I'll have to use up again!


1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup skim milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter, melted
16 oz. frozen organic blueberries
2 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger, if desired (I omitted)

Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir flour, sugar, milk, baking powder and salt until well blended. Stir in melted butter. Pour into baking dish.
Pour frozen blueberries over batter; sprinkle with ginger.

Bake uncovered 1 hour to 1 hour 5 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is set. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment