Wednesday, May 30, 2012

#565: Three Pea Salad


I think I've had this recipe bookmarked since last summer.  I finally got around to making it and I am SO glad I did, because I loved this recipe!  This makes a huge bowl (at least in my opinion it does), and since I'm the only one who will eat this, I definitely had to make a single serving portion.  It was so good, I'll be making it again tomorrow for lunch or dinner.

Salad:
Salt
8 ounces snow peas, trimmed
8 ounces snap peas, trimmed
10 ounce fresh English peas
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced radishes (about 9 medium radishes)
4 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled (I used feta)

Dressing:
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2
 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper

Make salad: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add all peas and blanch for 3 minutes. Drain and plunge into a large bowl of ice water. When peas are cold, drain and pat dry. Place in a large bowl with radishes.

Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, mustard, tarragon and olive oil until well combined; season with salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss well. Sprinkle with goat cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment